In order to get a better understanding of concepts and theories within the scope of negotiations, it is imperative to have at least a basic understanding of the most common aspects of negotiation skills. We, at Negotiation Project Twente, believe that a great negotiator is never born, but developed over time. With enough experience everyone can become a solid negotiator. This is because expertise comes from experience and in order to make the most out of that experience, a good foundation of knowledge is necessary.
The books we believe will add most value to your learning journey are:
- Getting to yes - Fisher & Ury
- Never split the difference - Chris Voss
- Getting past no - William Ury
- The Negotiation Genius - Malhotra & Bazerman
- Influence: the psychology of persuasion - Robert B. Cialdini